A collection of AO pictures, animations & web links
The Adaptive Optics Summer School instruction is targeted toward scientists, engineers, and technicians by speakers renowned for their contributions to this interdisciplinary field. The graduate-level content includes hands-on laboratory activities covering the following topics:
• Introduction to Adaptive Optics
• Wave Optics Refresher
• Adaptive Optics Control Theory
• Adaptive Optics System Design
• Wavefront Sensing and Reconstruction
• Deformable Mirror Technology
• Instrumentation for Adaptive Optics Systems
• AO System Design
• AO System Simulation
• Applications of AO, including Biology and Astronomy
Over 60 students have applied for AO Summer School this year, so registration is officially closed.
We have started a wait list, just in case a few spaces open up. If you are interested in being on the wait list, please email us. Names on the wait list will be added in the order in which we receive them. If you are contacted to apply for AO Summer School, please apply right away, or call us if you are unable to attend at 831-459-5592.
AO Summer School Fees:
• $2000 fee plus $645 Single or $580 Double occupancy lodging for the week (includes meals).
• Grad/Postdoc fees: $580 fee includes meals/double occupancy lodging for the week. Single room: add $65.